Monday, September 21, 2009

September 21, 2009

Iguazu Falls
Hey Mom!
Well this week did not go so good. I had a pimple under my arm and it became infected so bad that it affected my whole arm. So I had to go to the hospital and give myself treatments at night and take medicine. but I'm OK. I will spare you the gross details but the ordeal is not going to stop me from doing the lords work. Another bad thing happened was that the last would-be baptism did not happen so now I only have two under my belt but on a happy note is that we have so many investigators now that I have a native companion. His name is Elder Onofre and he is from Rio de Janerio, which is pretty cool. I'm speaking fluent Portuguese now(with a lot of errors). I learned that I may be here in the city of Bauru for 6 months or longer. If all the missionaries in the Londrina area get a baptism we will all go to the Christmas Conference at the Iguazu Falls, they are huge falls that were shown in the last Indiana Jones movie. That's nice that you helped AuntieAnn move, I figure that is you help people that when you need help they will help you. Our church building is the second largest building in our area, the first is the market. I love all the members here, they are super nice. All of them call me "menudo" or "Ricky Martin" because I told them that I am Puerto Rican, it's pretty funny. I really like Elder Onofre even though he is a neat freak. He is always going around cleaning everything but I love the guy. Our area is real humble as well( in referring to Cousin's mission in Mexico). The temple is 7 hours away right now so we don't get to go to it. Well please tell everyone hi and I love them. Love Elder Rodriguez

No comments: