Monday, December 14, 2009

11/27/09

A letter dated 25th November: Dear Aunt Joan and Uncle Klaus, I am sure you are wondering how I am doing. I got transferred out of my last area to a new area. My new area is called Alvarado, Apucarana. My area is the largest hat manufacturer in the world which is pretty cool. The only not cool thing is the hills in my area. They are really steep and could be a pain on your knees. One missionary went home because of the hills wore down his knees, so I guess I have to take it easy on these hills. My ward is so small it is not even considered a ward, it is a district. Usually we have 40 members every Sunday which is little compared to my last area. The members are real nice as usual too, they feed us good. The people here in general are real nice too. When we knock on doors we usually get a lesson real quick. Oh yeah, and my companion's name is Elder M. Rocha, and he is pretty much my favorite companion yet. He is really relazed on the rules which I need but the bad thing is he is going to leave the mission this month, so that is kind of a bummer. He is a real cool guy. Antway,s that's basically my new area.

November 25 letter to everyone: I'm in my new area now and it is right next to Londrina. It is way smaller than Bauru, but it is a good thing because my area has a butt load of hills in it. Yup, I said hills, well more like mountains. I feel like a robot when I climb up the hills, I don't even feel my legs any more, when I walk up the hills. I love the area though because the people are pretty nice here and when we knock on doors or clap at gates, the people generally accept our message. Another cool thing is my companion whose name is Elder M. Rocha and he is from Nordest or North Bra zil. He is really relaxed on everything is good for me, because I'm a relaxed person too. I'm the type of missionary who works and baptizes, that is all what is important. The only thing what is not cool is that he will go home in the beginning of December, but it is all good. The investigators are also pretty nice, we teach lessons real good, with the Spirit, so they are really powerful. Have not gotten a baptism here but we have baptismal dates for people. The ward here is pretty small, it is so small it is called a district and on Sundays only about 40, 45 people show up. Big difference than in Arizona or Bauru my last area. The members are nice and they feed us good too.
I ahve not really had any funny moments in my new area. The only close thing is when a weiner dog attacked meand he bit at my ankles and ripped my pants, but I'm fine. I fixed my pants and did a pretty good job on them. The night before I got here out house got broken into so you can imagine how I slept the first week, but now I sleep with a kitchen knife next to my bed so it gives me a bit of comfort. The neighborhood is not that good at night too. We talked to the President about this and he wants us to move to another location, so we gotta keep our eyes peeled. Elder Nielson, who is from the same district I was in at the MTC, got robbed not long ago by a guy on the street. But he only took his cell phone. The President was ticked because in reality, we are to leave our cell phones in our house, when we're out and about, but all missionaries take them out.
Our area has really been worked a lot. Almost all the doors have been knocked, but we try every day. So far we only have one really good investigator here, his name is Antonio. He has a slight problem with beer, but not really big. Once we baptize him we are gonna have no more investigators here. So we have been having a couple of slight difficulties with that. Another thing is that a lot of members here are slackers. If all the members here went to church we would have a ward. A sign that our area has been worked a lot is that everyone here knows the missionaries, which is real funny.
The city of Apucarana is built basically on an inactive volcano and right on the hole of it is a big Catholic church. I bet when the Second Coming happens that church is going to explode into flames. Well, I really do like my area, after all my area has one dollar sodas called Tubainas. Thanks for all the packages and stuff. After a week I am already out of Mike and Ikes, but the caramel pops I didn't really like, just the Mike and Ikes. It's fine though. Thanks.

No comments: