Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Greetings from Brazil

Oye!
So we were blessed to hear our missionary on Christmas morning calling from the bus station using the public phones( he said that everyone was staring at him because he was speaking English). Ivan and I spent the night at the Sanders house so that we would not miss his call. It was really nice to be able to share it this special moment with everyone that loves Jordan. When we heard his voice through the phone, he sounded the same and had his unique laugh that only Jordan can produce, so of course we( meaning Ivan and I) started crying like babies! We miss him so much but so proud( When I told him how I was so proud he told me in missionary form that its a sin to be prideful, lol). We passed the phone around the circle so that everyone could say Hi, it was really neat for Jordan and us. Jordan even blessed us with his testimony in Portuguese which was awesome. He actually speaks better Portuguese than he does English! He told us about the conference and other stuff. What surprised me was that he said that time is flying by and he only has 17 more months to go! That seems forever to Ivan and I but I'm glad that he loves what he is doing. He says that he is being prepared for the rest of his life and not only spiritually but in all facets. Wow! This is my son!! It was the best Christmas ever! We only talked about 25 minutes or so so that he could call his father in California. Now I just have to wait till May for the next call!!

No comments: